The smell of eucalyptus wafted through the Blacksmith’s Cottage for the Old Time Christmas open day. A gum tree branch sparkled and shone with hand made decorations and paper chains hung at the windows. Socks were pinned up over the fire-place waiting for Santa’s descent, probably with a whoosh of soot. Puddings hung at the fireplace in the kitchen and the whole romance of an English Christmas transported to the heat of Australia came to life once more. The Old Forge got into the spirit of things and glittered with tinsel. A wonderful celebration of the Festive Season a bygone era!
Saturday, 10.00am to 4.00pm
closed for renovations
- We now accept payment by card as well as by cash
- Yes, we are open – Saturdays, each month in 2021 (for now).
- 2020 Harvest Festival
- Bookbarn Revised Opening Hours
- 2020 Calendar of Events
- “Bad Weather” this weekend. We’ll have to close up – keep safe.
- The Ansonia Kitchen Clock
- National Trust 2019 Heritage Festival AND Update.